12.08.2008

I'm Walking down the Street with my Nike's on...

This past weekend was swanky-chic and a lot of fun! Since my birthday was on Friday, and two of my friends have birthdays on Thursday, we all decided to celebrate together by seeing some DJs at the Seoul W hotel. I had never been to anything like it, I've been in very nice hotels (Thank you dad :)) but I have never been to a night bar super swanky scene like this one. Koreans, and I think Asians in general, are especially adept at dressing to the nines and looking overall fabulous. Their impeccable style was complemented by the incredibly chic interior of the W's Bar--the Woobar (doesn't have that classy of a name...). Everything was white, white, white, with a huge bar--about fifty feet long. The Dance floor was shrouded in mirrors and the Dj booth was this space age looking bubble pod thing. And there are these egg shaped pod chairs everywhere too...Pretty futuristic and surreal.



We saw some pretty good DJs, house music mostly, and a House band called Oriental Funk Stew--I failed to hear any funk though...more Disco-ey. One of the best songs, which I have to track down some how was a remix of a song that goes, "I'm walking down the street with my nike's on..." and it repeats it a few times. There were also some remixes of some pretty bad songs, like that annoying "One more time" (not britney spears, the more nineties sounding one...), which the Koreans loved.

I have to say that at first I felt TOTALLY out of place....not expensive enough clothes, skinny enough legs, high enough heels (or any heel at all really...) or done up enough hair and make-up. I got over that relatively quickly though once we started dancing and realized that those people who were all made up and expensive A) didn't care what we looked like and B) were not having nearly as much fun as we were having.

Finished off the night at a cute motel with cheap rooms (about $20 a pop!) and had breakfast at an "American Diner" the next morning (wellll, i guess it was almost 2 P.M.). I had real bacon for the first time in a while!!

No comments:

Post a Comment