11.18.2008

when good powerpoints go bad

Now that I have the freedom to write whenever, and in the shortest forms possible, there will probably be some angry, frustrated posts like this one...

So, I'm in the middle of making a powerpoint for my demo class that is coming up on Friday (stressful in and of itselft--I made it all the way through college having made one powerpoint presentation, I think; and now, I am making ppts in Korean, fun stuff. And the upcoming demo lesson will be viewed by principals and other teachers in the area and we have to a ton of useless paperwork for it). I'm totally in the groove, digging my slides and finishing them quickly, when the teachers start to yell at a group of students. These students get in trouble constantly, so it isn't a big deal...the only difference here is that the art teacher is yelling at them and the vice-principal. Now, the art teacher doesn't yell...so that's a little out of the ordinary. But these kids are the worst in the school by far, so they are in the office about every day.

So, they're yelling and making wierd gutteral noises at these students and the students look all sad, and i'm here making my ppt...trying to ignore the yelling all around me, which is fine, cause the teacher seem to yell about everything. And the vice principal asks me to LEAVE!! I was so angry....no other teacher was made to leave, either they assume that I can't handle the yelling or they want to yell louder and are ashamed to do it in front of me. I FLIPPING WORK HERE TOO PEOPLE!!!! if they have to put up with students getting yelled at then I should too. Arrrggghh, i was (and still am) probably unneccesarily angry...but what the hell??! And then, since the hallways are freezing, i had to sit in the administrators office and look at a korean make-up catalog. whhoooopeeee!

I don't even want to work on my powerpoint right now

No comments:

Post a Comment