2.09.2009

Sawatdeekah!

I have returned to Korealand after an amazing two weeks in Thailand...it has been difficult to say the least. I have this nagging feeling that I've left a place that feels so right just to return to another place that doesn't quite fit. Even when I arrived in this country I had that feeling...but the hilarity of everything made it so much easier to deal with. As that comic relief has faded, I'm left with the knowledge that I am very much out of my element. I have decided to make two lists with my likes/dislikes of korea...

List Numero Uno: Jo-ayo (I like)

1. The food (refer to last post)
2. The incredible kindness of Korean People
3. My Students
4. The Public Transportation System
5. Proximity to other Asian countries (thailand, vietnam, phillipines, japan...to name a few)
6. old buddhist temples
7. Korean festivals for everything and anything
8. Korean babies and toddlers
9. Great networking amongst foreigners
10. My Korean friends (not many, but the ones i do have are great)
11. Funny English on signs, food products, etc.

List Number Dos: An-Jo-ayo (I no likey)
1. the Korean language
2. The obsession with pointless paper work
3. High Heels
4. Obsession with reflective surfaces
5. Hawking Loogies everywhere
6. Excessive construction
7. Kimchi vomit on the side walk
8. The great disparity between how people look (immaculate) and how the cities look (gross, dirty, run down, covered in spit and kimchi vomit)
9. Old Korean Ladies
10. Constant interrogation about rather personal issues ("How much money are you going to spend on your vacation?")
11. Beer Pong, Beer Pong, Beer Pong
12. Co workers "talking" all the freaking time (they are actually yelling/whining and i sit in the middle of the room and they are doing it right now and it drives me up the damn wall)
13. Overprotectiveness on the part of my co workers, they are worse than a stereotypical mother--which mine never was, so i'm even less used to it...i can cross the street just fine thank you; and no, i did not eat breakfast this morning, but i will survive-- i'm not diabetic.
14. And the thing that i dislike the most about korea is it's complete and utter lack of good music...it is just awful both the korean pop and the western music that they adopt. it's bad


finisheee for now, maybe i'll add more later.

No comments:

Post a Comment