9.28.2009

Love, and Falling Into It.

I have found him. You won't believe it. He really exists! I can't believe it either. I was on the verge of giving up. Maybe dabbling in Monk life, or a nunnery. His name is Joe Pug, and he's a 23 year old singer-songwriter from Chicago.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uvo1F9ZPLIk

It was love at first aural stimulation, and it grew from there. After reading about him...oh man, I may never find someone who can match his allure. He went to school to become a playwright...and, a week before graduating, realized he was unhappy--he preferred the brevity of poetry and songwriting to the intricacy of writing plays. Because of this training he has lyrics that, even though they are often self reflective, relate to us, the listener. The poet that has influenced him the most is...Rimbaud! (Whom I wrote about briefly in my last entry).

His voice is like a more well trained Dylan--one with better intonation yet still has that air of something independent and meaningful. He is incredibly young, so I can't wait to see what he brings to the dwindling music scene (I also can't wait to see how beautiful our babies are! haha, just kidding, a little).

Here's his MySpace page: http://www.myspace.com/thejoepug
There are about five songs that you can easily stream, and fall in love with him too.

1 comment: