4.16.2009

When We Rise, It's like Strawberry Fields...

My iPod (on shuffle) just graced with me with the heart-wrenching, melodramatic, beautiful song that is Bush (Gavin Rossdale)'s mid nineties hit, "Glycerine." Does anyone else remember his performance of the song, in the rain, at MTV's Spring Break, 1996? If not, or even if you do, check this out. It may just bring you back to the grungy nineties...


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tfatUZ5RDG0

I remember watching this video in late elementary or early middle school, and realizing, simulataneously, what the word "sexy" actually meant and appreciating the mind altering effects of music. The fact that a song, sung in the rain, in front of a whole bunch of skanky spring breakers could leave a lasting impression on my prepubescent mind is reassuring in some sense...I don't know quite what that sense is yet. Maybe that I am sound in my musical leanings? I am not easily swayed by the pull of pop (although...this is slightly poppy, but at my age I should have been drooling over the Backstreet Boys or something).

No comments:

Post a Comment